Wednesday 2 September 2009

Art of Photography: Project 8

Whilst taking pictures for project 7 from a bridge over a river I noticed some ducks and rocks below and thought about trying to get some nice pictures from there. This then became the idea for project 8, which is to capture a sequence of images from the first thought about an idea through to the final image.


I spotted the ducks and reeds from the bridge.


Then I spotted the rocks and thought I might be able to find an interesting image.


Another image of the rocks taken from the bridge.


So then I went down to river level for a closer look.


Another at river level.


I liked the way the light reflected off the surface and the different shapes and colours created as it flowed around the rocks so I decided to try and capture it.


A first attempt at capuring the light on the water.


A swan was very interested in what I was doing and came over to say hello.


I tried a couple of the rocks but they weren't very interesting.


Another of the rocks.


I noticed some interesting patterns on the bridge side and tried photographing that.


I put the Circular Polarizing filter on the camera and tried some photos to show beneath the water.


This image of reeds was also taken with the Circular Polarizing filter attached.


I took some more photos of the swan :D

From this sequence I didn't really get one definitive photo which I liked the best and I don't think any of them were great, but it was good as an opportunity to follow the creative process. The ones which I like most of the river are below, where I captured the patterns of light and water as it flowed over the rocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment